Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre is one of our award winning production sites here in the UK.
We test our Public Warning Sirens every year in the month of April. To read more about why we test annually, please click here:
Established in 1916, Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre employs up to 400 skilled people, dedicated to professional manufacturing.
We make important crop protection products that help growers meet an ever increasing demand for food, feed and fuel. Our talented and dedicated workforce make this possible. Manufacturing excellence, safety and skilled people are at the heart of the site's ambition and we are committed to our award winning Advanced Apprenticeship programme.
Several of Syngenta’s important products are manufactured at Huddersfield for export worldwide. Herbicides such as Gramoxone®, Fusilade® and Reglone® are all manufactured on site, as well as the insecticides Karate® and Force®.
Research by the University of Huddersfield has shown that our operations contribute £57M to the local economy through jobs, trade and pensions. The site and its employees are also active in the local community through their Employees Community Gift scheme, which is matched pound for pound by Syngenta. Benefactors include Kirkwood Hospice and the Forget Me Not Children's Hospice as well as local community groups.
Over the past few years, our passion, hard-work and commitment to safe, professional manufacturing has won several Chemical Industries Association National Awards for Reputation; Process Safety Leadership; Excellence in Engineering and Responsible Care.
H is for #backingHuddersfield
Syngenta is an active partner in the local communities where it operates around the World. The #backingHuddersfield social media campaign highlights how Huddersfield is a great place to live and work, with collaborative partnerships across manufacturing, sport, education, business and the arts.
If you are due to visit our Huddersfield site, here is some useful information:
- Our site reception is open 24 hours
- Gatehouse opening times are 07:00-16:20
- Please pre-book your visit
- Please report to reception upon arrival where a visitor pass will be issued
- Visitor car parking is available at the entrance to the site
- Mobile phones or bluetooth devices such as fitness watches will not be permitted on manufacturing plants
- Contractors requiring access to the manufacturing site without a guardian need to attend a 30 minute safety class. This can be arranged by your site contact on request.
How to find us
If you are using a Sat-Nav, please use postcode HD2 1YZ.
Click for Google Maps
Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre
Directions by rail
The nearest rail stations are:
1. Deighton rail station (0.5 Miles)
2. Huddersfield rail station (3 Miles)
The nearest airports are:
1. Leeds Bradford airport (18 Miles)
2. Manchester airport (47 Miles)
Subject to traffic, the airport transfer time from Manchester is approximately 55 minutes and from Leeds/Bradford, 1 hour 10 minutes.