Syngenta Science Apprenticeship
We are excited to announce our new Applied Chemical Science Apprenticeship Scheme at our Jealott’s Hill International Research Centre.
Why study with Syngenta?
You’ll be paid to gain a degree via the University of Kent and we will cover all your tuition fees, keeping you debt-free. Whilst working on your qualification via distance learning 1 day a week, you’ll be based 4 days per week at our Jealott’s Hill International Research Centre, working on real projects supported by experienced scientists. You will have the opportunity to spend time in multiple technical areas enabling you to experience many different aspects of science before deciding on your future career direction. Syngenta is a brilliant place to begin and grow your career.
We’ve got three positions available and the Apprenticeship position will begin in September 2019.
What do you need?
In order to be successful, you'll need:
- At least five GCSE passes (or equivalent), including English Language and Mathematics at grade 4 or above.
- At least two subjects at A-level (or equivalent) including Chemistry.
- Alternatively applicants must have completed a level 3 Laboratory Technician qualification in a relevant science discipline.
- Good technical aptitude and communication skills.
- You'll also need to be pro-active self-starter who can work as part of a collaborative team.
- A competitive base salary rising to circa £30k subject to successful academic and professional performance.
- Training and professional development.
- Opportunity to gain a degree from an established university