Hybrid Barley Germination Test Terms & Conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions:
“Syngenta” and “we/our” means Syngenta UK Limited, reg’d co. no. 00849037, reg’d address CPC4 Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5XE.
“Germination Test” means an industry standard germination test carried out by an APHA licensed seed testing station (“Testing Station”)
“Grower” means a farm business located in the UK.
“Offer” means Syngenta’s offer to provide, free of charge, up to two Germination Tests per Grower for any Syngenta hybrid barley seed that is being over-yeared on farm in the UK from autumn 2019; access to a seed rate calculator which provides guidance on appropriate drilling rate based on the viability of your seed (“Seed Calculator”); and further information via email about the crop during 2020.
- The Offer is open to Growers who register their interest on http://www.123formbuilder.com/form-5199916/syngenta-germination-test by completing all the requested information by 30 April 2020. We reserve the right not to accept any registrations received after this date or which are not completed in full. In registering for the Offer, you will be deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
- If your registration has been successful, we will confirm this via email and, in due course, post sample bags (with a unique reference number) and pre-paid envelopes to send your samples direct to a Testing Station of our choice. To help ensure that the results of the Germination Tests are accurate and will be representative of your seed lots, you should carefully follow the instructions on how to sample your bags of seed.
- All samples will be tested on an anonymous basis by the Testing Station which will be given only the unique reference number on the sample bags.
- The deadline for your samples to arrive at the Testing Station is 1 July 2020. Samples received after that date will not be tested and will be safely destroyed as they cannot be returned to you. We accept no liability for samples lost or damaged in the post.
- We will email you the results of your Germination Tests with a link to the Seed Calculator and further crop information from time to time during the 2020 season. If you have any concerns about the results of the Germination Tests, we recommend that you re-sample and submit to a testing laboratory of your choice (at your own cost).
- You acknowledge and agree that real life results when seed is planted in the field may be different to the results indicated the Germination Tests and Seed Calculator. The yield you obtain from your seed will depend upon many factors outside our control, including storage conditions, viability, drilling rate, soil type, weather and agronomic inputs. You agree that you are responsible for exercising your professional judgment in deciding whether to rely on the results of the Germination Tests or to follow the output obtained from the Seed Calculator.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- We do not provide any guarantees or accept any liability with respect to the seed, the Germination Tests or results therefrom, the Seed Calculator or outputs therefrom, your reliance on the Germination Test results or Seed Calculator outputs or the performance of the seed in your fields.
- Any claim regarding the quality or other properties of your seed should be made against the vendor of the seed.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Syngenta and our respective service providers shall not be liable (whether in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise) for any losses or damages arising out of or in connection with: the seed, the Germination Tests or results therefrom, the Seed Calculator or outputs therefrom or for your reliance on them. This limitation of liability applies to all losses and damages of any kind, whether direct or indirect, including without limitation, loss of or damage to crops, loss of revenue or profits even if we knew or should have known of the possibility of such loss.
- You acknowledge and agree that we could not make the Offer available to you free of charge if liability were not limited as above.
- This Offer is governed by the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
- Contact Details: If you have any questions about the Offer, please contact Syngenta Technical Services on 0800 169 6058 or email [email protected]
If you have any questions about your personal data is used or wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject, please contact our Data Privacy Officer: [email protected]; Postal address: Syngenta UK Limited, CPC4 Capital Park, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5XE.